Serving You

Community Office Services

As your Member of Parliament I am pleased to provide assistance with federal agencies, arrange letters of greetings for special occasions, answer questions about federal legislation, and listen to your feedback. Our office has been able to assist thousands of families with a variety of requests in Vancouver Kingsway.

To help you, please contact our constituency office at 604.775.6263 or

Click for more information on the following:

Citizenship and Immigration

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is Canada’s official source of citizenship and immigration information. For information about immigrating to Canada and visas for work, study and visiting, please visit the CIC website.

Canada Revenue Agency

Please visit the Revenue Canada website.

Here you’ll find detailed and easy-to-follow information about individual and business taxation questions, child and family benefits, and quick links to useful related sites.

You can also subscribe to free electronic mailing lists to stay informed about updates to various tax topics.

Canada Pension Plan & OAS

Please visit sections of the Social Development Canada website for detailed information about the Canada Pension Plan (CPP).

For information about general retirement benefits, please go to the CPP general benefits section .

For information about CPP Disability eligibility and benefits, please go to the CPP Disability section.

The Old Age Security (OAS) program, the cornerstone of Canada’s retirement income system, provides you with a pension at age 65 if you have lived in Canada for at least 10 years. If you are a low-income earner, you may be eligible for other benefits as early as age 60.

For detailed OAS information, please visit Human Resources and Skills Development Canada’s OAS website.

Employment Insurance

EI (Employment Insurance) provides temporary financial assistance for unemployed Canadians while they look for work or upgrade their skills. Canadians who are sick, pregnant or caring for a newborn or adopted child, as well as those who must care for a family member who is seriously ill with a significant risk of death, may also be assisted by EI.

Please visit the EI website.

Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC) is responsible for providing all Canadians with the tools they need to thrive and prosper in an inclusive labor market.

Please visit the HRSDC website.

Here you’ll find Canadian employment opportunities, how to post a job as an employer, information about hiring foreign workers, program and funding opportunities, and work search tools and tips.

Canada Student Loans

The Canada Student Loans Program promotes accessibility to post-secondary education by helping Canadian students with a demonstrated financial need to access loans and grants.

To learn more about eligibility and how to apply for student loans and grants, please visit Human Resources and Skills Development Canada’s Student Loans website.


This site contains helpful tips to successfully complete a passport application, forms, photo specifications, and processing time.

You’ll also find helpful information about traveling to the US and Mexico and general travel tips.

To learn more about how to apply for a Canadian passport, please visit the Passport Canada website. You can also apply for your passports online. If you have further questions about obtaining a passport, we will do what we can to help you.

Birthday and anniversary greetings

If you are interested in commemorating a special birthday or anniversary, my office can help.

Just give us 6 weeks notice and we will send a certificate recognizing birthdays and anniversaries of friends and family. For a message from the Queen, please give us eight weeks notice.

Birthdays: Any birthday: Message from the Member of Parliament. 65th Birthday and over: Message from the Prime Minister. 90th Birthday and over: Message from the Governor General. 100th Birthday and every 5th year thereafter: Message from Her Majesty the Queen. [Please note: to request a message from the Queen we require proof of birth.]

Wedding Anniversaries: Any anniversary: Message from the Member of Parliament. 25th Anniversary and over: Message from the Prime Minister. 50th Anniversary and over: Message from Governor General. 60th Anniversary and 5th year thereafter: Message from Her Majesty the Queen. [Please note: to request a message from the Queen, a copy of the marriage certificate is required.]

Social Insurance Number (SIN) information

For Social Insurance Number (SIN) information specific to Canada, please visit the SIN website. Here you’ll find an overview of the Government of Canada SIN program, as well as information on how to apply for a first-time number, a replacement card, or an amendment to your record and/or card.

The site also contains forms and publications and proof-of-identity requirements for applying for a SIN.